This is a reading challenge I pulled from here. I missed my 2014 goal by a wide margin, so I’m setting myself a smaller goal of 40 books for 2015.
A book you own but haven’t read (Thorn)
A book that was made into a movie (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
A book you pick solely because of the cover (Dorothy Must Die)
- A book your friend loves (The Black Prism)
- A book published this year (Miramont’s Ghost)
- A book by an author you’ve never read before (One Hundred Years of Solitude)
- A book by an author you love (The Ocean at the End of the Lane)
- A book at the bottom of your “to be read” pile
- A book with a color in the title (The Blue Sword)
- A book set somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit (The Book of Lost Things)
- A book you started but never finished
- A book with a lion. A witch. Or a wardrobe. (Geist: Book of the Order #1)
- A book with a female heroine. (Sunshine)
- A book set in the summer.
- A book of poems.
- A book you learned about just because of this challenge. (Servant of the Underworld)
- A book that will make you smarter. (Stiff: The Curious Life of Human Cadavers)
- A book with a blue cover. (Life as We Knew It)
- A book you were supposed to read in school, but didn’t.
- A book “everyone” but you has read.
- A book with a great first line. (The Crow Road)
- A book with pictures.
- A book from the library. (Love and Math–borrowed from Dad)
- A book you loved…read it again!!
- A book that is more than 10 years old.
- A book based on a true story.
It is official. I am done with the new Star Trek. DONE. I love Benedict Cumberbatch, but casting him as Khan? No. Just no. Let’s just completely erase that Khan was Sikh and make him a white dude. Ugh. There are no words. That’s not true, there are words. Just not from me. Marissa Sammy at Racebending.com says it all. Melissa McEwan at Shakesville brings up some other problems as well.
I’ve talked about my issues with this Star Trek reboot before, but this really takes the cake. It may seem ridiculous to some, but it does make me angry. There is so much to love about Star Trek but JJ Abrams has erased it all.
So…I’m sorta kinda addicted to The Sims. (What video game am I not addicted to…besides FPS’s. Bleh.) I love TS3 and TS2, and some days I feel like I want to install TS1 again because Makin’ Magic was the best expansion ever! Ahem. So a new neighborhood is coming out with dragons. Did I mention it has dragons!? And so even though I really hate EAxis sometimes (pretty much every day) I just know I’m going to end up throwing my money at them because dragons. Ugh, I’m so weak.
They have also announced The Sims 4, which at this point I’m actually pretty ‘meh’ about because I just now got TS3 working as it should. (I’m looking at you EAxis…fix your shit. Seriously.) Again, I’m so weak. I actually held out on getting TS3 for a good year, which is frankly a miracle because Sims. Have I maybe mentioned I’m weak?
Of course, there are so many games I want and don’t have yet, such as Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored, and Infamous 2 (I still don’t know why I don’t own that game yet). But then GTA 5 is coming out and even though I’m pissed that we still don’t have a female protagonist (hey Rockstar, the ladies like to shoot things up too!), I’ll still get it because weak. And I’ve successfully depressed myself. Some Sim torture ought to fix that right up. 😉
Am I the only person who isn’t excited about Halle Berry being in the upcoming X-Men movie? I just feel ‘meh’ about it. Tell me Patrick Stewart is going to be in it and WOOHOO!! Tell me Ian McKellan is going to be in it and YAY! But Halle Berry…um…no thanks. I mean I have issues with the series anyway. My husband and I refer to X-Men 3 as “The Movie That Doesn’t Exist.” As for Wolverine, I think it had potential and I liked Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, until the end. I mean, really? REALLY? The entire concept was just terrible. Ugh. And the adamantium bullet? Are you kidding me? It could have been so good and it ended up being so not good.
I’ll probably still go see it because X-Men. I just can’t help myself. I think I need an intervention.
I finally got my husband to watch Doctor Who. It isn’t that he wasn’t interested, just SO MANY SHOWS TO WATCH. (I still have to get him to watch BSG…and Farscape…and Sherlock) I started him off with Christopher Eccleston and he was hooked from the first episode.
If you haven’t seen the end of Season 2, don’t read below the cut or after this sentence. You have been warned.
When Zoya had their recent promotion, I decided to go with Logan, Aurora, and Storm.
First up is Logan.
I’d like to know what you all think of this. Considering my feelings about his Star Wars, um, reboot…I’m conflicted. On the one hand, how much worse than Episodes 1-3 could it possibly be? But…will it even feel like Star Wars?